Welcome to Burke Select Basketball!
2017-2018 SELECT / COUNTY PROGRAM
Commissioner: Bobby Seigle, email@example.com
- This program is designed for skilled players, serious about developing their game and seeking a higher level of competition.
- Burke's Select / County coaches are selected by the Burke Basketball Board after thorough evaluation and are asked to coach a minimum of 2 consecutive years, likely starting with 5th grade. Burke coaches are asked to maintain a welcoming relationship with local high school programs.
- Select teams normally practice two (2) nights a week and play one or two (1 - 2) games per week.
- Age group is determined by the player's grade.
- Games are played at various locations throughout Fairfax County.
- In the winter, the County organization (FCYBL Website) organizes the game schedule for weekends. In the summer, Burke plays through the Fairfax Stars AAU organization (Fairfax Stars Website) on weeknights.
SUMMER 2017 SELECT / COUNTY PROGRAM
Summer Burke Tryouts: CLICK HERE
Summer Burke Coaches: CLICK HERE
Burke Basketball Select / County teams participate in the Fairfax County Stars Summer League:
- Game times are 6:15pm, 7:30pm, and 8:45pm
- Games will be played Monday-Thursday and occasionally Friday if necessary
- Playoffs: Single elimination for the top 8 teams in each age group/division will be July 24th-28th
- Each team will have 10 games in the Regular Season
- Season Starts June 19th and runs through July 21st for the Regular Season.
- There are a few rules exceptions for the Summer League, they will be provided in the housekeeping memo sent out to registered teams.
- FCYBL rules apply for game playing, ball size, and age rules.
- Age group is based on grade as of Fall 2017
- Players MUST play in at least 5 games during the regular season with a team to be eligible to participate in the playoffs! If a player is not able to compete in at least 5 games, waivers may be requested, but the player must have been on the roster for the entire season, a request must be sent in in advance, and documentation MAY be required per our request. Waiver requests will be reviewed and either denied or allowed.
- There is a max of 18 players allowed per team. Players can be on more than one roster/play for more than one team.
WINTER 2017-2018 SELECT / COUNTY PROGRAM
Burke Basketball participates in the Fairfax County Youth Basketball League (FCYBL) during the winter season.
Stay tuned for details about the winter season - likely in September 2017.
INTERESTED IN COACHING? WORKING WITH BURKE BASKETBALL? HAVE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?
Please feel free to reach out to Bobby Seigle at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in coaching, want to work with teams at Burke or have questions/concerns about the select / county program.